IMPRS: A first class ticket to research
New: Electronic Application Portal is open
The school offers a broad spectrum of topics in observational and theoretical, galactic and extragalactic astrophysics, observational and theoretical cosmology, fundamental physics with astronomical tools and instrumentation. In addition to the expertise in radio and (sub-)mm astronomy of the MPIfR, the IMPRS for Astronomy and Astrophysics provides the opportunity for scientific activity in all fields of contemporary science, all modern techniques, methods and energy bands. The IMPRS for Astronomy and Astrophysics offers a competitive PhD program on the basis of a tightly structured curriculum.
- 3 year appointments
- Salary starting at 21985 Euro/a, no tuition fees
- A network of 60 phD students from 25 countries
- Mentorship from world class faculty at MPIfR, the U of Bonn and the U of Cologne
- Career enhancement workshops, advanced lecture courses
- Thesis committees monitoring the progress of each student and provide scientific feedback to the PhD course
- Access to world leading observing facilitities at a large range of wavelengths.
- Funding for travel and research